Archive for October, 2010
From August 5th, 2009, Meriza chatted w/ Flexonline.com about her leg training and how she built her Olympia-Quality legs. Check it out here!
PRO TRAINING PARTNER – article with Meriza in www.flexonline.com
“Ladies, 3 things I have learned about shaping your backside are:
1. Don’t be afraid to train heavy! Lifting weights means putting enough stress on the muscles that they will adapt, change shape, tighten and tone. If you simply go through the motions, with light weights, and never dig deep into your leg muscles (trust me, they are stronger than you think! lol) you’ll never get to your goal of fit, lean legs and butt!
2. Full Range of Motion: The legs don’t just go to 90 degrees of flexion…take the weights all the way down, moving through a full range of motion brings all of the leg muscles into play, working together to build natural curves and shape the way nature intended your legs to be…going too heavy, with shorter, or compromised range of motion, can contribute to blockier, thicker thighs…
3. Stairmill: Climbing those darn rotating stairs is one of the hardest forms of cardio…but I love ‘em, because I can really squeeze my glutes and my entire lower body gets tight, toned and stronger from climbing the stairs…and, again, the range of motion is much fuller with stairs than with treadmill, running or even cycling…So, get on the stairs and get climbing!
Go get ‘em, girls! build your best butt ever, so you’ll look great, coming and going!
I’m super proud of all of my clients – all of whom continue to push hard to improve their bodies, each overcoming obstacles and challenges, and making incredible improvements that have the whole gym buzzing! To all of my ladies, I applaud you and your efforts! And I thank you for allowing me to share your journey to reaching the best you possible!
Along the road to the competitive stage, one of my hard-working girls is Stephanie Perkins. Ms. Stephanie is a former Chicago Bulls cheerleader and a dancer, and is preparing for her first NPC bikini contest, the 2010 NPC Border States. Check her out here as she works her entire body with a specialized circuit developed to target the areas on her body that need the most work. Check her out here! Go Ms. Stephanie! We’ve only got a few weeks left til show time!
See you all at the show!
Hey, girls! Are you getting ready for Border States? Bikini or Figure athletes, polish up your presentation, and show your best on stage at my last Art of Figure presentation Clinic, Next weekend in San Diego!
MAN Sports presents Meriza’s Art of Figure Posing and Presentation Clinic
Where: World Gym, San Diego
When: October 9th, 10am-1pm
I’ve got one more clinic NEXT SATURDAY! MAN Sports / Figure Fuel is sponsoring this event, and we’ve already got a full clinic, but I’ve added a few more slots because I know how hard you all work to prepare for the show and we want you to show your best! – so sign up today! don’t delay – We can only accomodate a few more athletes – please email me asap and we’ll get you on the list!
These clinics are always so much fun! Please everyone interested email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot! As with all of our clinics, we’re going to cover the following topics and more:
- Mandatory poses, model turns and all the details about stepping on stage looking your best!
- Hair and make up
- Shoes, suits, accessories
- Tanning, prepping the skin for the stage
*bonus: MAN Sports athlete, Pete Ciccone will be discussing supplementation and nutrition at the conclusion of our clinic!
It’s almost show time again! I am looking forward to seeing all of you wonderful athletes next week! Train Hard, Train Smart!